San Simeon State park is one of the oldest parts of the California State Park System. Coastal authorities and promontories of the scenic park give continuous views of the rocky shores and the lovely ocean strips. The Park not only includes the Santa Rosa Creek Natural Preserve but also the Pa-nu Cultural Preserve. Both these were established in the year 1990.
There is a 3.3 mile trail that runs through some parts of the San Simeon Natural Preserve and the Washburn Campground. This is a lovely scenic trail and overlooks some of the best stretches of land. The interpretative panels give great information on the habitat and wildlife of the area. There is a part of the trail, which is easily accessible along the seasonal wetland.
Then there is Santa Rosa Creek Preserve is a region, which is inclusive of riparian forests and coastal wetlands. This provides a habitat for the endangered Tidewater Goby. San Simeon Natural Preserve has many undisturbed native plant communities, which is inclusive of the mima mound topography. The Preserve also is a great wintering site for fascinating butterfly population.
The 13.7 acre Pa-nu Cultural Preserve has some great archaeological site within the San Simeon State park. This is a site that dates back to more than 5000 years back. Today it has considerable evidence, which documents technology of the prehistoric kind.
Situated around 35 miles north of beautiful San Luis Obispo this is a lovely place to visit in this part of North America. The San Simeon Campground has beautiful 115 campsites, which give ideal tents for camping and provide convenient recreational vehicles. These RVs as they are called are convenient ways of travelling here. There are many gas stations and grocery stores which offer the best and the most interesting facilities. Restrooms with flush toilets are also provided which can be used with a coin.
Visit beautiful North America and enjoy the tours to San Simeon State park.
- Pattaya, An Active Environment
- Best Beaches in Hawaii
- Apartments in Silver Spring MD
- Top 3 cheap Ski Resorts in Colorado
- All Inclusive Resort in Arizona
- 6 Best Honeymoon destinations for Budget Travelers
- 5 Reasons why you should choose Florida All-Inclusive Beach Resorts
- Westin Maui Resort & Spa
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Mauna Kea, Hawaii
- Top 5 Weekend Vacation Packages for Couples: Romantic, Exciting and Fun
- Family vacations: Top four destinations to take your kids on vacation
- What to do in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- 9 things to do when visiting Oahu, Hawaii
- You Must Visit These Amazing Places When You Go to New York
- Luxury and Comfort at Peabody Hotel Orlando, Florida
- Things to do in Navarre Beach
- Seattle Tourist Attractions
- Central Florida Water Parks are Slippery Fun When Wet
- All Inclusive Vacations to Hawaii
- Trip to the Everglades Includes Alligators, Wildlife Viewing and Surprises
- Hawaiian Honeymoon Getaways – Top Things to do in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Disney Honeymoon – A Happiness Package
- Disneyland Vacations – 4 Steps To Booking Your Trip
- Walt Disney World Vacation Planning
- Hotel Review: Hampton Inn and Suites – Vacaville, Napa Valley
- Heart Lake Resort in Gaylord, Michigan
- 3 Best US Honeymoon destinations for a nature-filled getaway
- Honeymoon planning: 7 best fall honeymoon destinations
- Visit Hawaii And Stay In The Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Top 10 destinations for European Travelers