If you are visiting Seattle for the first time, I would suggest knowing about the tours of its local history, attractions, and events before you reach this historic city. In this article, I am going focus on the Seattle tourist attractions that will also include some tours too. This will give you an idea of what types of tours are available in the city.
Located at 15 minutes from the downtown, the Alki Beach is one of the famous Seattle tourist attractions having its own historic significance. Before 150 years, Arthur Denny and a ragtag group stepped here to be the first white settlers in Seattle. Here, you can have some great views of the city, the Space Needle, and Mount Ranier. Just stroll along the shore on its silky sand or have some chips. The Log House Museum at 61st Avenue SW is a genuinely renovated mansion at one block off the Alki Beach. Built by Gladys and William Bernard in 1903, this was the carriage house to the nearby Bernard family home. Today, it is famous as the Alki Homestead Restaurant.
Another famous Seattle tourist attraction is the Downtown Seattle at the 6th and Pine Streets. Here, you can find many boutiques and famous retailers such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany, and Cartier. This is the best place for you to shop, if you love to do so. The Tillicum Indian Village at Avalon Way on the Blake Island Marine State Park is something not to be missed. It is at a distance of eight miles off the coast of downtown, which is historically important. It is said that the Blake Island gave birth to Chief Seattle and then was announced as a state park.
The Museum of History & Industry is really an awesome museum at the Lake Union Park. It is a private, but non-profit institution that aims at collecting, preserving, and exhibiting the history of the Seattle, King County, and Pacific Northwest. Here, the library and archives stores some 800,000 books, photographs, maps, and manuscripts and conducts over 2,000 research requests annually.
One more museum of interest is the Wing Luke Asian Museum, the only pan-Asian American museum in the USA that collects, preserves, and exhibits the Asian Pacific American culture, history, and art along with the projects made by the community members.
If you are looking for some theater fun, do explore the Meany Theater on the southwest corner of “Red Square” on the University of Washington campus. Here, the Meany Hall is dedicated to the Performing Arts, which was inaugurated for the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909. Today, it is one of the famous halls with the superb performance facilities.
Now, I will share some information on the tours in the city. The Seattle Boeing Tour is a distinct journey in which you come to know about the modern and future aviation. So, if you are a flight fan, this is a must for you where you will enjoy observing the largest production line on the planet, the wonder of aeronautics or designing and testing the planes digitally.
Do checkout the pickup timings from your hotel.
If you are in Seattle, you just cannot miss the elegant Puget Sound that is ideally experienced via a lake cruise. Among these cruises, the Royal Argosy Lunch Cruise is the most famous one offering a three-course lunch and the best vistas of the Sound. If you want to explore all the Seattle tourist attractions on land, the Seattle Double Decker Tour is the simplest way to do so.
The Snoqualmie Falls and Winery Tour is the most pleasure-seeking and spectacular Seattle tour. On this tour, you are taken to the Silver Lake, the visually striking Snoqualmie Falls, and the wonderful places within the Cascade foothills such as the farmlands and forests. The fact is that here many Hollywood films have been shooted, which makes these places for you even more exciting. There will be a halt at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery where you can taste the area’s wines.
The Mt Rainier Day Tour from Seattle is really a tour not worth missing. This mountain is always snowy and that it is the star of the Pacific Northwest. So, on this tour, you are taken to explore its splendor and charm via its rocky outcroppings and spectacular sceneries. Consuming your 10 hours, this tour starts with a scenic bus ride into Mount Rainier National Park where it halts for a slideshow at the Whittaker School of Mountaineering. In the afternoon, you are allowed to hang around the park’s picturesque vistas such as the waterfalls and the magnificent vistas of the peak. Then, it is the time to return back to Seattle along which you get an opportunity to see even more views that make up a final outlook of this majestic summit.
- Pattaya, An Active Environment
- Best Beaches in Hawaii
- Apartments in Silver Spring MD
- Top 3 cheap Ski Resorts in Colorado
- All Inclusive Resort in Arizona
- 6 Best Honeymoon destinations for Budget Travelers
- 5 Reasons why you should choose Florida All-Inclusive Beach Resorts
- Westin Maui Resort & Spa
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Mauna Kea, Hawaii
- Top 5 Weekend Vacation Packages for Couples: Romantic, Exciting and Fun
- Family vacations: Top four destinations to take your kids on vacation
- What to do in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- 9 things to do when visiting Oahu, Hawaii
- You Must Visit These Amazing Places When You Go to New York
- Luxury and Comfort at Peabody Hotel Orlando, Florida
- Things to do in Navarre Beach
- Seattle Tourist Attractions
- Central Florida Water Parks are Slippery Fun When Wet
- All Inclusive Vacations to Hawaii
- Trip to the Everglades Includes Alligators, Wildlife Viewing and Surprises
- Hawaiian Honeymoon Getaways – Top Things to do in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Disney Honeymoon – A Happiness Package
- Disneyland Vacations – 4 Steps To Booking Your Trip
- Walt Disney World Vacation Planning
- Hotel Review: Hampton Inn and Suites – Vacaville, Napa Valley
- Heart Lake Resort in Gaylord, Michigan
- 3 Best US Honeymoon destinations for a nature-filled getaway
- Honeymoon planning: 7 best fall honeymoon destinations
- Visit Hawaii And Stay In The Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Top 10 destinations for European Travelers