Top 10 Spring Break Destinations
With most of the United States digging itself out from beneath the snow, it’s no surprise that most of the places on the list of top 10 Spring Break destinations offer warm weather. If you haven’t made your spring break travel plans, take advantage of this list to get you going.
Courtesy of Cheapflights, here are the top 10 Spring Break destinations:
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – An affordable beach choice, with all sorts family and budget friendly all-inclusive deals. For the college aged crowd, there is nightlife and clubbing. This location is full of options for families and students.
- Cancun, Mexico – With average daily temperatures of 80 degrees, it’s easy to see why Cancun has been a long-time favorite for spring break, especially with college students. This is another location known for its value-priced all-inclusive resorts, made even more affordable with the favorable exchange rate. Lots of clubs and nightlife make this popular with students, and recent stories of violence in Mexico need to be considered, so if your student is headed to Cancun a good discussion is in order.
- Montego Bay – Another long time favorite, this Jamaica spot offers beautiful beaches and island food and culture. If you’re not staying at a beach property, there are public beach options as well, and plenty of activities for families and students of all ages.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Choose to stay in town along cobblestone streets or along one of the beaches, and get a taste of Mexico that has convinced many an ex-pat to move there. Plenty of restaurants, from small family owned spot to upscale chic dining, make your evenings as diverse as your day.
- South Padre Island, Texas – Located off the Gulf of Texas, this popular spot with students offers lots of reasonable accommodation and food options. College students will likely flock to Coca-Cola Beach.
- San Diego, California – 70 miles of beaches, lots of shopping, theme parks, zoos, and plenty of culture and history make San Diego another perennial favorites. There’s plenty to do and see for families with children of all ages.
- Miami, Florida – If you’re looking for a party scene, you’re sure to find it in Miami, but in addition to the beach scene, you’ll also find international culture, art, and shopping. This can be a pricey luxury destination, but look around – there are value properties to be found.
- Panama City Beach, Florida – Located in the corner of Florida’s panhandle, this family-friendly destination is all about the beach and water activities. You’ll also find family-friendly attractions, plenty of moderately priced spots for dining, and accommodations to fit every budget.
- Orlando, Florida – This theme park heaven can be an expensive destination, so watch for all-inclusives and special packages to bring this vacation in on budget. Myriad food choices, events, parades, performances, things to do make this a family favorite.
- Montreal, Quebec – The one cold destination on the list, this hot spot in Canada is offered referred to as the Paris of North America – without attitude, expensive prices, and with a more favorable exchange rate. Families will find plenty of snow activities, and when it’s time to come out of the cold, there are plenty of cultural ones as well.
If you need assistance in booking your spring break vacation, our Travel Concierge will be happy to assist. You can email us or check out our new travel booking website.