Before you visit Canada, you need to get a Canadian Visa, and the process is not as easy as you might think. First things first, you need to find out if you are eligible for a Canada Visa, how to do it, check out below.
How to Determine If You are Eligible for a Canada Visa?
The Canadian government has made it easy for you. There are different tests that you need to complete to help evaluate your eligibility. Fill out an online questionnaire first. The questions vary depending on what type of Visa you are applying for.
The answers you provide will determine if you are qualified to apply for a visa or not. It will also direct you to relevant instructions and steps you should take to complete all the requirements.
Getting the Results
You may receive one of the following results:
- You are eligible for the Visa you have chosen.
- You are not eligible for the Visa.
- You are eligible for other types of visas that the system will match you with.
If you are eligible for the Visa you have chosen or for different types of visas, you will be asked to provide your contact information via your email, and they will forward a set of documents.
These documents will include the description of the Visa, the instructions, and details on how to apply. Also, you will receive a reference code.
Make sure you have the reference code as this is the most vital information you need to start your EVisa application online. The reference code will provide the system the information you had provided when you answered the questionnaire, and it will give the kind of Visa you are applying for.
You should have saved the documents and email. You can write the reference code in various ways, like send it to yourself, on a piece of paper, or your computer, but make sure you should not lose it. In case you lose it, you will need to start the questionnaire process again.
Documents Needed to Apply For a Canadian Visa
There are documents that you need to prepare before you proceed to the E visa application online. However, the requirements may vary depending on the type of Visas you want to apply for. Some of the basic requirements you need to prepare are as follows:
- Original passport, with at least two pages vacant for your Visa.
- A cover letter for your Visa with your company’s letterhead
- Two recent and clear passport size pictures that comply with the required background. It should have a significant face coverage, and semi-matte or matte finish. At the back of the photo, write your name and date of birth. Make sure that the pictures have not been used in the past Visas. It should be taken within the past three months.
- For employed, you need to provide a Proof of Employment. It can be as a form of an appointment letter or salary slip or NOC or No Objection Certificate. These documents include the applicant’s details associated with your current job.
- A bank statement is required. It should display all the transactions done over a specific period or at least the last six months. It should include all types of transactions, such as property purchases, occupational viability, foreign slips, fixed deposits, and others.
If you need help, some professionals can help you with the process of getting a visa so you can visit Canada.