There is no doubting that New York City is, like Paris, one of the most amazing cities in the world. It’s an exciting, jaw-dropping, complete experience, and no matter how many times you visit the city it never feels old. It is a whirlwind of activity and the city never slows down. It never sleeps, and it won’t wait for you to catch your breath.
At every corner and every turn, there is something to see and something to do. And there is never enough time to do them all.
If you still have concerns about your ESTA or are not sure what is required, visit esta-visa.ie and have it sorted out to ensure you can actually travel to the United States.
In this piece, you will find some of the most amazing, must-visit places in New York.
Statue of Liberty
No surprises here. The statue of liberty is well known and is still one of the most popular world symbols of freedom. It’s the world largest statue and it stands at about 152 feet tall and weighs about 450,000 pounds. It’s ageless and amazing and never ceases to lose its appeal. If you’ve never been there, you shouldn’t miss the chance to see it on your visit.
It’s located on Liberty Island and you will need a boat ride to get to the statue. If you want to view the statue from ashore, Battery Park on the southern tip of Manhattan will give you an expansive view of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor.
Pre-purchasing tickets is essential especially during holiday seasons. Beware of hawkers that may try to sell you expensive tickets claiming that they are official representatives before you get to the ticket both.
Alternatively, you can purchase the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour ticket in advance.
Empire State Building
Rivaled only by the Statue of Liberty, Empire State building is one of New York’s most famous buildings. The 102-storey building was the world tallest building till the World Trade Center rose taller 42 years later.
The 381-meters tall building has 2 observatories: the 86th floor (1,050 feet) Observatory and the 102nd floor (1,250 feet) observatory. If you visit on a clear day, you can see an 80-mile distance stretch from the observatory, giving you a view of neighboring states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
However, the line to climb up the building is typically always long and you may want to purchase a ticket that allows you to skip the line to avoid making an otherwise amazing experience into a frustrating one due to the long line.
As the name implies, it’s at the centre of the city. It is New Yorker’s play ground and is one of the amazing places that makes New York City a great holiday destination, and not just a city of concrete high-rise building.
There are lots of attractions in the park, and if you love seeing Hollywood movies, don’t be surprise when you see some places that look familiar, because some of these places have been featured in hundreds of movies. A few of the amazing places include the Strawberry Fields, the Lake and the Central Park Zoo.
You can skate in the Lake if you visit during the winter or pad in it if you visit during the summer – either way it’s a glorious experience.
You can enjoy a lovely romantic walk in the park if you’re visiting with your partner, or you could rent a bike if you want to get to the various sites quicker.
Metropolitan Art Museum
The Met as it’s commonly referred to in New York was founded in 1870 and has over 2 million work of arts. The collection is rich and diverse and it includes American decorative arts, costumes, Egyptian arts, arms and armor, pictures, musical instrument and a lot more.
You shouldn’t leave New York City without enjoying a Broadway show. It’s the highlight of a visit and is well worth it. It’s the epitome of America theatre and the performances continue to wow.
Broadway typically refers to Broadway theatre which is a district that houses several theatre venues. It’s a place to see the latest shows or watch the long-running classics.
If you plan on seeing a popular show, you should book tickets well in advance to avoid missing out.
You may also want to visit the Shubert Alley, a alley in the district that houses two famous playhouses where aspiring actors used to hang out, seeking for opportunities to perform.
This is more than just a bridge. It’s a splendid reminder of New York’s architectural innovation history. The New York Brooklyn Bridge was the longest suspension bridge in the world when it opened in 1883, an engineering feat at the time.
Today, it keeps attracting thousands of tourists, who do not only come to admire the bridge, but to get an elegant view of lower Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and Governors Island.
There are no shortages of places to visit in New York, but if you are looking for amazing places to realistically visit during a trip, you can go wrong with those in this piece.
New York City is wild and untamed. It’s what you want it to be. And You will certainly enjoy your stay –guaranteed.
- Pattaya, An Active Environment
- Best Beaches in Hawaii
- Apartments in Silver Spring MD
- Top 3 cheap Ski Resorts in Colorado
- All Inclusive Resort in Arizona
- 6 Best Honeymoon destinations for Budget Travelers
- 5 Reasons why you should choose Florida All-Inclusive Beach Resorts
- Westin Maui Resort & Spa
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Mauna Kea, Hawaii
- Top 5 Weekend Vacation Packages for Couples: Romantic, Exciting and Fun
- Family vacations: Top four destinations to take your kids on vacation
- What to do in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- 9 things to do when visiting Oahu, Hawaii
- You Must Visit These Amazing Places When You Go to New York
- Luxury and Comfort at Peabody Hotel Orlando, Florida
- Things to do in Navarre Beach
- Seattle Tourist Attractions
- Central Florida Water Parks are Slippery Fun When Wet
- All Inclusive Vacations to Hawaii
- Trip to the Everglades Includes Alligators, Wildlife Viewing and Surprises
- Hawaiian Honeymoon Getaways – Top Things to do in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Disney Honeymoon – A Happiness Package
- Disneyland Vacations – 4 Steps To Booking Your Trip
- Walt Disney World Vacation Planning
- Hotel Review: Hampton Inn and Suites – Vacaville, Napa Valley
- Heart Lake Resort in Gaylord, Michigan
- 3 Best US Honeymoon destinations for a nature-filled getaway
- Honeymoon planning: 7 best fall honeymoon destinations
- Visit Hawaii And Stay In The Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Top 10 destinations for European Travelers